Cancer is regarded as a fatal and complicated disease. It is a disease that is known to grow out of control and affect the surrounding tissues and the organs. When, over a period of time, toxins collect at the site of a particular organ; it may result in fatal growth in its surrounding cells. The groups of cells accumulate and produce swelling at the site. Nearby cells and tissues are also affected if the toxins are not removed as the diseased cells are circulated to other parts of the body through the blood stream. Cancer treatment in Ayurveda works on improving the quality of life of the patient through rejuvenation and improving the immunity.
While normal cell growth follows and orderly path of growth, division and death, cancerous cells do not experience death but continue to grow and divide. There can be several causes for cancer, some of the common reasons include:
– Damages or mutation in the DNA resulting in the damage to the genes involved in cell division.
– Genetic predisposition.
– Carcinogens such as tobacco, asbestos, arsenic, radiation, ultraviolet rays and car exhaust fumes.
– Cigarette smoking, cigar smoking, passive smoking and tobacco chewing.
– Alcohol use and obesity
– Lack of physical activity
– Sunlight and excessive exposure to ultraviolet light
– Exposure to radiation from X-rays, gamma rays, cellular phones and cell phone towers.
Fever, Fatigue, Pain, Unusual bleeding, Nagging cough
Indigestion problems or trouble swallowing,
Unexplained weight loss, Skin changes
Ayurvedic Cancer Treatment
Cancer treatment in Ayurveda is very in-depth and holistic in its approach. Ayurveda treats the disease according to the specific nature of the patient, the aggravated body energies involved and the body tissues that are affected. Cancer treatment in Ayurveda does not only focus on the area of the malignancy but on the entire system, as the whole organism must be returned to harmony for the disease to be treated permanently and not recur elsewhere. The body must be purified of the toxins that cause the cells to attack the body. Treatment includes the administration of blood cleansing herbs along with the adoption of a detoxifying diet. Circulatory stimulant herbs are also prescribed to promote circulation, shift stagnation of the blood, increase the efficient elimination of toxins and assist in healing the tissues. Immunity restoring herbs and minerals are given to boost the strength of debilitated patients.
A crucial part of Cancer treatment in Ayurveda is relaxation of the mind. Suppression of emotion or emotional stagnation is a significant causative factor and obstacle to effective treatment of this condition. The patient needs to heal themselves at the very deepest level of their individuality. Meditation, counseling, yoga, pranayama and the studying of spiritual philosophy are all recommended for support in this aspect of personal healing.
The holistic methods of Ayurveda for cancer treatment include:
– Abstinence from food and lifestyle that cause tridosha (vata, pitta, kapha) imbalance.
– Eliminating toxins through Panchakarma.
– Restoration of healthy jatharagni (digestive power) functions.
– Rejuvenation through rasayanas.
– Ayurvedic preparations can act as a co-therapy along with chemotherapy or radiotherapy. – It is also helpful in post-surgery care.
– Ayurvedic medicines help to minimize the side effects of these therapies.
Diet & Lifestyle Advice
– Eat a diet that is rich in natural cancer-fighting chemicals and helpful in boosting immunity.
– Eat easily digestible food to avoid toxin accumulation in the body.
– Reduce sugar intake.
– Avoid smoking and alcohol.
– Eat plenty of fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
– Avoid high-fat foods, especially from animal sources.
– Panchakarma therapy is beneficial in cancer